The essay shall not exceed three (3) typed pages and will include the following information:
1. Autobiographical Information - Describe your personal story (e.g. personal and family background, challenges that you have gone through during the course of your life, personal interests and extracurricular activities).
2. Area of Professional Interest - Describe your future career interest. Priority will be given to those who desire to serve youth and families.
3. Work Experience - Describe any previous and/or current work experience related to a juvenile/youth serving agency. If you don't have experience working with youth, describe where you have worked and what skills you have developed that will assist you in working with youth in your future career (e.g., work ethic, teamwork, integrity, working for a supervisor).
4. Professional Growth - Describe what you have done to learn about the juvenile justice field and develop professionally (e.g., internships, fellowships, conferences, job shadowing, personal experience in the system).
5. Volunteer/Community Service - Describe any volunteer/community service you have completed with youth, families, or in the juvenile justice system. If you have not completed a specific youth related service, describe another community service opportunity and the skills you developed that will assist you in your future career working with youth and families (e.g., being a big brother/big sister, mentor, youth camp).