GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTATIONS
Workshop presenters must be available to present on any of the three days of the conference. The conference begins at 10 am on Wednesday May 1st and ends at noon on Friday May 3th. Presenters may be asked to repeat the workshop. NJJA will make every effort to repeat the workshop on the same day, but it is not guaranteed.
Presenters will be responsible for providing their own laptop for the session. If the laptop is a Mac, the presenter must bring a VGA adapter to connect to the projector. Each session will be set up classroom style and equipped with a head table, projector, screen, podium and microphone. Presenters may request any of the following AV equipment:
- Flip chart and markers
- Powerpoint Clicker to advance slides
NJJA strongly encourages presenters to provide reference resources for replicating efforts (i.e. sample memorandum of agreement, agency policy or regulation, legislation, toolkits, etc.). Presentation materials will be provided to participants electronically prior to the conference. Speakers will be required to submit materials for inclusion by March 31, 2019. Speakers should arrive 20 minutes prior to their session to ensure all equipment is functioning, etc.
SUPPORT FOR PRESENTERS/REIMBURSEMENTS
NJJA will waive the conference registration fee for a maximum of two (2) presenters per workshop. All travel and per diem costs must be borne by the workshop presenter(s).
Priority will be given to proposals that:
- provide participants with applicable skills for day to day work
- meet criteria for continuing education hours (see addendum)
- actively incorporate youth voice and participation
Additional selection criteria include:
- relevance to current juvenile justice issues in Nebraska
- added value to the conference as a whole, so that a variety of topics/viewpoints/approaches are represented
- whether the presentation topic has the potential to be replicated through other communities
- to what extent the proposal provides for active discussion and interactions with the participants
- whether the presentation brings new/fresh content to the NJJA audience;
*All guidelines for submission must be followed as stated above or your proposal may be rejected for lack of information.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE AND NOTIFICATION
All submissions must be completed online. To submit please go here.
Proposals must be received by December 7, 2018.
The lead contact will be notified of the review committee’s final decision by end of December, 2018 via email and/or telephone. Questions may be directed to Amy Latshaw email@example.com cell: 402-580-7776